It’s no secret that I have been struggling the last couple of months with my food and exercise but more so my head. Tonight I sat down and ate a whole packet of chocolate covered shortbread. I actually don’t like shortbread but the chocolate was good. The whole time I was eating I was telling myself how stupid this was but did I listen? No – not until I felt sick and disgusting and really angry with myself.
Why do I keep sabotaging myself? What am I so afraid of? And what kind of example am I setting my son who really needs to lose some weight, become fitter and feel good about himself!!
I still worry that I should re-join the round – maybe some magic will happen and I will miraculously be back on track. Yeah right!
I have downloaded everything I can – I know what to do – I just don’t do it!
I have decided to work on one thing a week – they say a habit is formed in 21 days (although there is some dispute over that) – so by the end of the next 3 months I should be well on the way to changing at least 9 things!
So I am putting it out there – this is my plan for the next 12 weeks … My theory is the more I say it and write the more chance I have of actually doing it!
- I will be in bed by 9:30 at the latest (that’s am – not pm – I am back at work this week and I have a bad habit of taking Lachlan to school and sitting down at the computer. No more – I need sleep!)
- I will not eat anything after 8pm – by cleaning my teeth after dinner, keeping some calories to have a snack just before 8 and will power!
- I will not eat between meals/snacks
- I will stop eating bread – except mountain bread – I feel much better when I do
- I will go for a walk as soon as I get home from work (assuming I am not late)
- I will set my alarm and go for a walk every morning before I take Lachlan to school (and encourage him to come with me)
- I will walk around work every hour ( about 5 minutes walk) and set my alarm to remind me
- I will learn to meditate (something I have never been able to do – my brain takes off in all directions)
- I will not eat anything not pre-planned – especially at work – there are too many temptations.
- I will write for at least an hour every day
- I will look in the mirror at least twice every day and remind myself that I like me and I am perfect as I am
- I will be in bed by 11pm every night
These things are all small but added together they will help me become more focused and disciplined which is what I need in my life. I have printed them out and put them where I can see them every day and I will check in at the end of each week with my progress